A lovely late 3½ litre Park Ward Continental Sports Saloon with straight
waistline, all aluminium body, concealed door hinges, speed sensitive ride
control and one shot lubrication.
This great driver`s car is a matching numbers model and extremely original.
Finished in the very appealing colour scheme of Stratos Blue over black
with complementing original mid blue leather interior, the car makes for a
‘Afficionados swear by late 3½ litre models, saying no better Bentley has
been built before or since’. David Scott-Moncrieff . Thoroughbred Motor Car
The history of the car is as follows:
1935 July: Registered owner J.P. Glass, Abbotsbury Road, London W14
1938-68: North East England
1968-89: Exported to USA, Colorado then Arizona,
1989: Returned to UK
1989-2020: Purchased, Restored, Enjoyed by Professional Auto Engineer
Restoration and Specification
- Park Ward aluminium body. Straight waistline, concealed hinges, continental style
- Bare metal repaint in Stratos Blue cellulose over Black
- Original blue interior. Front seat cushions retrimmed in matching Connolly hide
- Engine, body, gearbox, dynamo, starter motor etc. all matching numbers
- Engine rebuilt, bored, sleeved to standard, crank ground, bearings remetalled, new pistons, little ends rebushed by Ristes
- New aluminium cylinder head and valves – unleaded (Fiennes)
- Crankshaft damper relined cotton duck
- Clutch rebuilt, new clutch plate
- Stainless steel exhaust and silencers
- Radiator recored, water pump overhauled
- Rewired throughout, master switch added
- Instruments, sun roof, interior lights, adjustable ride control, clock, flashers, trafficators, all functional.
- Headlamp reflectors resilvered. Brightwork rechromed
- King pins replaced, brakes rebushed
- Spring blades reset/replaced. Shackle pins and bushes replaced
- One shot lubrication system restored
- Shock absorbers and ride control overhauled
- Supplementary fuel pump added to correct any vaporisation issues
Many other details in ring binders of information.
This effortless touring automobile has covered over 10,000 miles in the last 20
years whilst in the current ownership and drives extremely well. It has been a twice winner of “Most Elegant in Class” at the RREC Nationals in 2016 and 2018.