Chassis number: PB0681
Engine number: 908APB
Here we have a lovely example of a fine sporting car of the 30’s. The MG PB succeeded the PA, of which 2000 were produced, and the 526 PBs were much better equipped and offered superior performance.
This matching numbers car has undergone a ground up restoration over a period of 18 years with many photographs and invoices for the work carried out over this period.
The major work has included the following items:-
- Chassis rebuilt and straightened with new ash frame body from Enrique Linares
- New body panels and restored wings
- Engine completely rebuilt with new camshaft, followers, valves etc. and lead free valve seats. Rebuilt SU carburettors and a new SU fuel pump
- New clutch and brake linings
- New bearings in rebuilt differential and gearbox
- Full double tonneau, hood and sidescreens. Cherry red leather seating. New trim and carpets
- Completely rewired with new loom, LED sidelights, stoplights and indicators.
- Fully rewound dynamo field coils and armature, reconditioned starter motor
- Modern three coil regulator. New distributor. New petrol tank.
- Restored instruments, “Brooklands” aeroscreens
- Many new parts from MG specialists